Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blue Grass and Me

Well, I am completing my first week in Lexington, KY and am finding my way around. I can't believe it has been a week already since Stella and I arrived in KY!

Jeremy and I have been SO BUSY getting the "house" ready. We have unpacked ALL the boxes, made more trips to storage than I can remember, made friends with the receivers at the Goodwill drive through, and are eagerly awaiting trash day. The trash is only picked up once a week here, and you can imagine that just isn't GOOD ENOUGH! LOL.

This past week also marked our little Julia's 9th birthday. She took some friends to Gatti's for pizza and games. It is worth mentioning that neither Jeremy NOR I were able to beat the kids at air-hockey, though I did have a good showing! We went back to her grandparents' house for the cake and gifts. I made the cake: oreo pie. It was a HIT (thanks Mom for the recipe). And, I am happy to report that the ex's parents were very nice and welcoming. I will pray that our relationship(s) continue to be positive and non-stressful.

Today, Jeremy and I went to church. We are exploring ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) churches here in Lexington. We enjoyed the service and will go back next Sunday (with Julia). Several people recognized us as being new and introduced themselves, which was so warming. Jeremy and I are very much looking forward to finding our home church and connecting to that community and fellowship.

Next post will likely occur once our NEW BED is delivered! We bought a Tempur-pedic last week and will have it delivered on Tues (had to wait for things to get sorted first). We were able to afford this luxurious item thanks to the careful saving of generous gifts from our wedding. WOO HOO! My back thanks you already!

Hmm- I smell the crock-pot dinner getting a bit hot... better go check on it! Talk to y'all later!
XOXO

No comments: